🐝 Welcome to 1Hive

1Hive is a community of web3 builders working to improve society using sufficiently decentralized magic internet money as a catalyst.

We issue and distribute our community currency, Honey, using conviction voting. Anyone can make proposals, and stake Honey to influence the direction of the project.

1Hive contributors self-organize into swarms, swarms can be related to any project or initiative and can be rewarded in Honey using conviction voting.

Some of active swarms are:

• Gardens - this is the frontend for 1hive.org which aspires to become a web3 social network. Currently it provides an interface for Honey distribution, but will be extended to support the creation and participation in swarms.
  • Celeste - this swarm is working on a decentralized dispute resolution protocol forked from Aragon Court that incorporates Bright ID to make participation less capital intensive. It will be used, among other things, to enforce the 1Hive community covenant.
  • Tulip - this swarm is working on honeyswap, a fork of uniswap v2 that will incentivize liquidity provision using Honey. Also exploring incorporating rebasing and reference assets so that Honey could be used as a more stable unit of account.
  • Flora - this is our validator operations swarm, members are currently looking at running validators Aragon Chain, but could also running other validator nodes for things like xDai Stake, ID Chain, Cosmos, etc.
  • Buzz - this is our communications swarm, works on documentation and communications material to help cross-pollinate our ideas to the rest of the world. Also Memes.
  • Pollen - this is our swarm for administering an instance of sourcecred to distribute honey based on contribution to 1Hive repos on Github, Discord, and Discourse.

We believe in decentralization and encourage members to take initiative and help 1Hive take on a life of its own, but do expect members of 1Hive to adhere to a contributor covenant.

1Hive Contributor Covenant

1Hive is a community of activists seeking to build a future that is more free, fair, open, and humane.

1Hive is also an economic protocol, similar to Bitcoin or Ethereum, where a digital currency, Honey, is issued and distributed programmatically. Unlike Bitcoin or Ethereum the 1Hive protocol does not narrowly define the activities which are valuable but instead relies on community members to guide the distribution process by staking on proposals.

Honey is used as a medium of exchange, store of value, and unit of account by members of the 1Hive community. The goal of the 1Hive protocol is to foster a healthy community economy by allocating a steady stream of Honey towards development, maintenance, and improvement of the common goods that are most valued by 1Hive’s community members.

The growth of the 1Hive economy is directly related to the communities ability to foster an inclusive and welcoming culture that people feel proud and delighted to adopt as their own. When someone choses to buy or hold Honey and participate in the Honey economy they are implicitly supporting the communities culture, values, and norms.

To this end, the 1Hive protocol depends on a social contract, which sets expectations for how members should engage both with the protocol and with one another.

The Pledge

We as members, contributors, and leaders pledge to make participation in our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, visible or invisible disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.

We pledge to act and interact in ways that contribute to an open, welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and healthy community.

Our Standards

Examples of behavior that contributes to a positive environment for our community include:

• Demonstrating empathy and kindness toward other people
  • Being respectful of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences
  • Giving and gracefully accepting constructive feedback
  • Accepting responsibility and apologizing to those affected by our mistakes, and learning from the experience
  • Focusing on what is best not just for us as individuals, but for the overall community

Examples of unacceptable behavior include:

• The use of sexualized language or imagery, and sexual attention or advances of any kind
  • Trolling, insulting or derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
  • Public or private harassment
  • Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or email address, without their explicit permission
  • Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting

Enforcement

Note: the on-chain mechanism for enforcement is still a work in progress, join the #tribunal channel on discord to learn more or start contributing

The ability for the 1Hive protocol to enforce this covenant is limited to the direct interactions that community members have with the protocol. Specifically the ability for community members to submit proposals to allocate Honey issuance or adjust protocol parameters.

A community member must stake Honey when submitting a proposal, attesting that the impact of the proposal could be reasonably considered to align with 1Hive’s social contract. A dispute can be created by another community member if they disagree with the proposers attestation by challenging the proposal and staking an equivalent amount of Honey. If after being challenged the proposal is not withdrawn, the dispute is escalated to a decentralized dispute resolution protocol.

Participants in the dispute resolution protocol are expected to review the disputed proposal, this covenant, and related disputes in order to provide a judgement that they feel best aligns with the established norms and intention of the 1Hive community.

If the dispute resolves in favor of the proposer the proposal will be unlocked and the challenger’s stake will be given to the proposer. On the other hand, if the dispute resolves in favor of the challenger the proposal will be removed from consideration and the proposers stake will be given to the challenger.

Attribution

The 1Hive Contributor Covenant is adapted from the Contributor Covenant , version 2.0, available at https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/2/0/code_of_conduct.html .
Community Impact Guidelines were inspired by Mozilla’s code of conduct enforcement ladder .
For answers to common questions about this code of conduct, see the FAQ at https://www.contributor-covenant.org/faq . Translations are available at https://www.contributor-covenant.org/translations .

29 Likes

Are you working with web3?

2 Likes

Can you elaborate? Some of our projects are using Web3.js and some are using Ethers. If you’re asking if we contribute directly to either of those libraries then the answer would be no, not that I know of :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Almost 1 year has past, this is amazing. How time flies in crypto…

3 Likes

This is the future. We must support the community if it needs something

3 Likes

Hello there! I was looking for the Buzz swarm on the discord and couldn’t find it.

Is it possible to add the links to the swarms? :smiley:

Thanks!

1 Like

buzz,buzz,buzz LOL, I think this is a very goood project in web 3 systerm, FULLY SUPPORT!

1 Like

I heard that high levels of gas can kill bees!

1 Like

I love the flexible structure of the DAOs such that people can focus on their talents and deliver of themselves the best in the way of contributions to the community.

3 Likes

Exactly. well described.
I also believe that people are bored of living like centralized.
DAOs is helping people to have a better life definitely.

2 Likes

Hey. Welcome to 1hive my friend.
Add sorry for the late answer.
So i’m here to help you finding your desired channel. :blush:

1 Like

I heard about Honey on the xDai network and through Bao I like what I’ve read so far and would love to help out if possible :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re very welcome to do so @grateful55! You should check out the discord to get more involved

3 Likes

Hello my friend. Welcome to the 1Hive DAO. We’re glad that you like 1hive and honey.
I strongly suggest to join our discord community and experience the best friendly community you’ve ever seen.
Also take a look at our wiki to get more info about 1Hive.
I’m Fabio and you can find me on #help channel. Feel free to ping me for any questions my friend. :blush:

2 Likes

Sounds great thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I appreciate it thanks for your help :+1:

1 Like

anytime my friend :hearts: :+1:

1 Like

听起来很感谢:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

我不会说中文,但欢迎来到 1hive :smile:

I joined the 1Hive community and it’s been amazing so far. I’ve learnt so many things from the community.

2 Likes